UK Paranormal Events.

Saturday 6 December 2014

Do Ouija boards really work? Mirror Online readers share chilling experiences

Do Ouija boards really work? Mirror Online readers share chilling experience.


As a Catholic priest warns people against using them this Christmas, we share our readers' experiences of using Ouija boards.


Since World War I it has been claimed that Ouija boards, also known as spirit boards, can be used to contact the dead.

And the paranormal investigation kit is apparently going to see a revival this Christmas due to the popularity of this year's film, Ouija, starring Olivia Cooke.

But many claim that we should stay away from the boards, and it was yesterday reported that an anonymous Catholic priest has warned that by using them, we risk the danger of unleashing evil spirits into the home.



Is there anything in these claims?

After we reported that a Ouija board spelled out a murderous threat to a woman this year, we asked our readers to tell us their experiences. Have a read of their claims and then tell us what you think at the bottom of this article.


'We never spoke about it again'

"I was about 15 at the time, me and about 5 of my friends decided we were going to do an ouija board. We sat in an empty classroom at dinner time, shut the door and started to begin to 'contact' the dead.

"It was 30 years ago but myself and four friends used one. We were very young, silly and totally unaware of the dangers. We poked fun at the board, one of my friends was swearing at it and the glass just exploded.

"We got another glass as we were stupid and carried on our mickey-taking. This glass, however, was to shoot across the room and shatter against a wall. My friend was rather ill after, went very pale and clammy and was violently sick we put the makeshift board in the bin and never spoke about it again

- Tracy Simpson


'It still to this day creeps me out'

"Me and my friend were playing with a Ouija board in August 2012. First of all my friend said: "What is your name?" and it spelled out J-e-s-s-i-c-a. Then he asked: "How old are you?" and it pointed to the number 8.

"My friend said: "How did you die?" and it spelled C-a-n-c-e-r, then I said: "I'm so sorry to hear that" and it spelled 'T-h-a-n-k Y-o-u' but after that we stopped. It still to this day creeps me out."

- Ciaran Thomas


'Little did we know it was going to be so frightful'

"At first we all thought each other was pushing it until the board spelled out a name that wasn't familiar at all. After all looking puzzled we asked: "Who are you?'" and it continued to move the glass across the board and spelled 'LRC', which was a block in the school.

"We went down and had a look to see what was meant by it and there was a plaque on the wall that said this man's name, which he spelled out. He had died and had a great deal to do with the school.

"The next day we decided to go back and do another round on the board. The glass started to move and we were all excited as to what lay ahead. Little did we know it was going to be so frightful.

"It spelled 'die' and then all of a sudden the glass went flying, the blinds were going crazy, things were going across the room. Everybody was so scared! We all ran out the classroom and decided we would never do another board again. Luckily nothing has happened to any of us and we are all six years older."

- Emma


A warning from beyond the grave

"I hadn't spoken to my dad for three years, then one night in November 1996, my mum and I did the Ouija board and my dead nan came through and told me to call my dad as he was sick.

"I called him the next day and asked how he was, he said he'd been having some breathing problems, but he was only 53 so wasn't too worried.

"We stayed in contact until he passed away two months later from a massive heart attack. I feel if my nan hadn't told me to call him, I wouldn't have got to spend my dad's last two months talking to him."

- Jackey


Nothing happened

"I did a Ouija board with my older half sister just after my mum had passed, when I was 11.

"I've always had a fascination with the afterlife so I was excited but nothing happened. The glass shook a little bit but there was no concrete message, which was disappointing. I would definitely do one again though!"

- Dorothy


'They're safe if you know what you're doing'

"I use them all the time, as I own my own ghost hunting group. They are perfectly safe to use, if you know what you're doing. I have been using them for four years now and nothing has happened to me or my guests.

"The woman in the story didn't do protection or closing down. This is what is wrong with the stigma surrounding these boards, it's the inexperience of people using them, not the board itself."

- Deena Romahn




No comments:

Post a Comment